Are you looking for a high-quality international school for your children? The Australian International School Phnom Penh (AISPP) is among the top international schools in Cambodia. It offers world-class education programs essential for your children’s higher education and future career success.
With an average of 15 years’ experience, teachers at AISPP are highly qualified with a majority of them holding Master’s Degrees from some of the world’s leading institutions. All of them are well-trained to ensure the best education for students.
An authorized member of globally renowned institutions such as the International Baccalaureate (IB), and accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), AISPP offers the widely recognized IB Diploma and Career-related programs syncing with the Australian Curriculum. This combination makes the AISPP qualification a desirable gateway to top universities and high-paying jobs worldwide.
Vision, Mission, and Philosophy
Inspiring the joyful pursuit of learning and intercultural understanding.
- Sharing our passions to make things better together.
- Our differences make us stronger.
- Find Sok Sabay (wellness) inside and out.
- Our learning is limitless
Igniting a passion for a life of learning together.
AISPP aspires to excellence and aims to be a regional leader in education, providing an:
- Internationally-minded, student-focused education
- Engaging and creative curriculum based upon the Australian Curriculum (AC) and the IB programs
- An outstanding educational organization accredited and authorized to international standards.
AISPP recognizes that successful schools today have an enormous responsibility to educate students for their unknown futures. As such, we are committed to meeting the needs of our students with passion, drive, creativity, innovation, and dedication.
We strongly believe our focus has to remain on hiring outstanding teachers who ensure children are ready for the challenges and opportunities presented by our increasingly interdependent world, developing into culturally aware, open-minded, and confident young people.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
AISPP is the only 4 program International Baccalaureate school in Cambodia. This allows AISPP’s students to transfer seamlessly to any other IB-authorized member school around the world. Those 4 programs are the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students aged 3-12 years old, the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students aged 11-16 years, and the IB Diploma Programme (DP) and IB Career-related Programme (CP) for students aged 16-19 years old.
Campus & Facilities
Sitting on a 6-hectare campus, AISPP is comprised of large green spaces. Our facilities include a full-sized football field, an air-conditioned 1,080 sqm gymnasium, a 25-meter outdoor swimming pool, and big outdoor play areas for primary and secondary students.
A 596-seat theater with all the latest technology is currently under construction.
AISPP consists of more than 60 classrooms in separate early years, primary and secondary buildings, each equipped with modern technology tools to help students excel.
To ensure a holistic learning environment for students, AISPP offers a full range of quality facilities built to international standards, such as primary and secondary learning hubs and collaboration spaces, a dedicated Early Learning Center with outdoor play areas for students of two, three, and four-years-old, design and science laboratories, a primary and a secondary library, and more.
Motivating and Developing Student Interest
AISPP takes a number of steps to motivate and develop student interest in education. These include:
- Using a variety of teaching methods that engage students and make learning fun
- Providing students with opportunities to learn through inquiry and discovery
- Encouraging students to take risks and challenge themselves
- Providing students with feedback and support
Keeping up to date with International trends
- We stay up-to-date on the latest research in education. We follow IB publications, attend conferences, and network with other international schools.
- We involve students in the decision-making process. We form student advisory councils and conduct surveys to get student input.
- We provide professional development for teachers. We invite experts to speak, offer online courses, and send teachers to conferences.
- We use technology to enhance learning. We provide students with access to resources, facilitate collaboration, and create engaging learning experiences.
- We collaborate with other schools. We collaborate on projects, share resources, and attend conferences together.
In addition to this, we specifically focus on the following to stay up to date with international trends:
- We emphasize global citizenship. We believe that it is more important than ever for students to be aware of global issues and to be prepared to be active citizens in the world. We incorporate global perspectives into our curriculum and provide students with opportunities to learn about and engage with different cultures.
- We use technology to connect with the world. We believe that technology can be a powerful tool for connecting students with the world. We use technology to allow students to collaborate with students from other countries, to learn about different cultures, and to participate in global events.
- We are open to change. We know that the world is constantly changing, and so does education. We adapt our programs to meet the needs of students.
- We believe that by doing these things, we are providing our students with the best possible education. We are preparing them to be successful in the globalized world of the 21st century.
AISPP has experienced rapid growth in enrollment numbers recently. In order to accommodate this, the school is expanding its facilities. The plans include the construction of a new 596-seat theater, the development of an outdoor classroom area, and the expansion of classroom facilities.
These plans are a testament to the success of AISPP. The school is now one of the leading international schools in Cambodia. The new facilities will help AISPP to continue to attract top students from around the world.
AISPP is committed to providing students with the best possible education and preparing them for success in the globalized world. The expansion plans are a sign of the school’s dedication to excellence in learning, and this will help AISPP to continue to be a leader in international education.
Some of the benefits of the expansion plans:
- The new theater will provide a state-of-the-art space for students of all ages to perform and present while welcoming the community at the same time.
- The outdoor classroom area for our primary children will provide a natural setting for students to learn, grow things, and collaborate while they interact more closely with nature.