Location – Holy Child College 12 Ojo Street Off Toyan Street South-West Ikoyi,Lagos-Nigeria.
Website – https://www.holychildcollegeswikoyi.org/
Contact – +234816-608-6916
Brief History of The College
The establishment of Holy Child College as a mission school was not for financial gain, but to provide quality education for the girls in the manner that St. Gregory’s College was for the boys. Holy Child College, South West Ikoyi, Lagos was established by the Sisters of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, in 1945. The Society of the Holy Child Jesus, which was founded by Rev. Mother Cornelia Connelly (Venerable) in 1846 in England, was then well known all over the world for its excellent educational program, especially for girls, based on trust and reverence for the dignity of each person. Holy Child College provides an environment that will holistically nurture the girl child through a dynamic academic, spiritually enriched and psycho-socially diversified curricula with quest for academic excellence and ethos of Christian values.
Thousands of students passed through this noble institution which has a distinguished history of excellence both in academics and morals. Generations of families have sent and continue to send their cherished daughters to Holy Child College. Today, Holy Child College is easily numbered as one of the Best High Schools for girls in the country, considering her original and present remarkable progress in both morals and academics.
Holy Child College has a state of the art facilities for an International standard school category. The three well equiqqed Modern Science laboratories, Library, Clinic, Modern facility Dormitory blocks, ICT compliance classroom for online teaching and hybridization of methodology.
Our Motto: Facta Non Verba.
Our Mission Statement
Schools of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus share in the mission of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. HOLY CHILD COLLEGE, therefore, is, POISED
- To develop mature persons capable of making choices that will enrich their own lives and contribute positively to the lives of others.
- To provide a conducive teaching and learning environment.
- To enhance the high academic performance of the students and provide intellectual skills through qualitative and quantitative education.
- To develop, through a holistic approach to learning, the all-round talent of the girl child: academic, spiritual, socio-cultural and physical skills.
- To foster joy in learning for students and staff through celebrations.
- To provide a Christian atmosphere in which the whole person is capable of developing to her highest potential.
- To encourage the Christian formation of young women capable of exercising responsible freedom by offering them the opportunity in trust, where they learn to make choices and hold themselves accountable for these choices as mature Christians.
- To help them discover the value of the human person by assisting the students to gain knowledge and appreciate themselves and others around them.
- To provide a holistic education that will enable the girl child to develop into a well formed person capable of joining hands with men and women of integrity to contribute her quota to the socio-political, economic and spiritual development of her nation and the world at large.
In addition to 25 subjects offered in the Senior School and 18 subjects offered in the junior school. Our girls are exposed to Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Training, Robotics Programme, Computer programming, Engineering and coding system.
Girls who study at Holy Child College are exposed to diverse learning experiences, rigorous academic pursuits, highly competitive sports, entertaining social events and daily peer camaraderie. Holy Child College has won laurels in Essay Writing, Debates, Quizzes, Music, Arts, Chess, NISSMUN Conference competitions, and Cultural performances. Equally, our students have excelled in external examinations as our WASSCE (Senior School) and Lagos State (Junior School) results are always above the benchmark.
You find the best practices of classroom management, cross circular and project based instruction in Holy Child College. Our students learn skills for entrepreneurship purposes.
The Old Girls collaborate extensively with the college through the provision of:
- Mentoring Program
- Maths laboratory.
- The Computer laboratory.
- The Language Laboratory.
- Sponsoring of awards (students and staff).
The prominent personalities among the college Alumni include Joke Silva Jacobs an award winning Nigeria Actress, a movie and theatre director, Late Francesca Emanuel, the first Female Permanent Secretary in the Federal Civil Service of Nigeria.
Miss Stephanie Agbasi (MBGM), Miss Universe.
Honourable Abike Kafayat Dabiri a Nigerian politician, The Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission and former member of the Nigeria Federal House of Representatives.
Dr. Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu the First Lady of Lagos State – Her Excellence.
Holy Child College has many accolades, triumph and accomplishment. The school major awards and achievement (few listed below) in the recent past.
- 2018 Eti-Osa Youth movement award for best school in creativity and Development.
- 2018 Winner of Indian Language school Inter- School Debate (Junior category)
- 2018 Eco- Friendly children’s painting contest. 3rd Winner – Olugbenga Ayooluwa.
- West African Quality Education 2018 Award to the West African’s School most innovative quality Education School 2018.
- 2018/2019 – Conrad challenge 19 Students got scholarship award to study in Clarkson University,USA.
- 2019 Prestige Award for the best school in Eti-Osa Local Government Area.
- 2019 Five consecutive winners of the Elite Basketball Female Team.
- African Brand Review 2019 award on Africa Top School. School (Silver category).
- 2019 Nigerian Model United Nations Society Award for best Cultural performance. Awards of different categories for students who participated. Onafowokan Yewande – Secretary General, , Lagos Regional Secondary Schools Model United Nations (LARSSMUN) 2020.
- 2019 Common wealth essay competition. 4 of our students participated. We got 2 silvers and 1 Bronze.
- (Nigerian International Secondary Schools Model United Nations Conference) NISSMUM School Award – 2nd best school delegate and Best cultural night presentation 2019.
- 2020/2021 Conrad challenge (An annual multi phase, innovation and entrepreneurial competition) in which 41 students won scholarship. Award of Excellence to the most resilient school.
- Adewolu Jadesola – Awarded President of General Assembly, Lagos Regional Secondary Schools Model United Nations (LARSSMUN) 2020.
- 2020 Common wealth essay competition. 15 of our students participated. We got 3 golds, 3 silvers and 3 Bronzes.
- 2020/2021 Conrad challenge award to the winners and best Team’s school on cyber Technology and security.
Sports Awards : Different outstanding Awards for Sports Competition.
The best female coach and the highest Goal scorer in Lagos State Schools cup.
Award For 2017/2018 –
- CATHOLIC INTERCOLLEGIATE GAMES – 1ST POSITION WITH:-
14 Gold medals
6 Silver medals
6 Bronze medals
- CHANNEL TELEVISION TRACK AND FIELD – 6TH POSITION
Award For 2018/2019
- Elite School Basketball Competition (1ST EDITION) – FIRST POSITION
- Channel Television Track And Field – 4TH POSITION
Award For 2019/2020
- Elite School Basketball Competition (2ND EDITION) – 2ND POSITION
- Elite School Athletics Competition (2ND EDITION) – 2ND POSITION
In line with our objective of promoting qualitative education, Holy Child College engages the staff and students in seminars, conferences and educational tours, aimed at developing interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and in preparation for jobs of the future. Our College international excursions cover countries such as Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, England, United States of America, France and Italy.
- Holy Child College initiates programs for students’ continual development; activities that enhance their intellectual, moral and spiritual performance and creativity.
- To foster students’ development, the school management will continue to uphold and support students with life-transforming non-academic programs like seminars, creative writing & speech improvement programs, retreats, community service, career activities, catechism/confirmation classes, moral talks and prefects’ leadership workshops are made available to students.
- Students are encouraged to develop attitudes of intellectual honesty and integrity through hard work and effective utilization of the college facilities and programs.
- The college sources for and acquires (within our reach) current teaching and learning applications, personnel and strategies that enable students to stay ahead of their peer.
- Dinner outing for outstanding students.
- Speech and Prize giving day for award ceremony.
- Community Service Instruction.
- One day students’
Financial Assistance to students in need is through Scholarships of different categories. The College has an Education Trust Fund and the church awards Scholarship as well.
Holy Child Students have different career opportunities that exposed students to both Academic and Non academic life situations. You will find Holy Child students in different walks of life.
In addition to the traditional occupations like Medicine, Engineering and Law, you will find Holy Child students in theatre arts, Hospitality, Management, Tourism e.t.c.