World School: Knowledge, Values, Passion and Transformation
“Education should be approached with a vision and with a purpose”
Established in 2012, World School is Early Year – Class 9 school (growing yearly on grade-wise). World School is an initiative of International Training and Educational Services (ITES) Oman through Global Training LLC, a name that has been associated with quality education programmers in Oman and established with the guidance and supported in the initial years by the Legendary Educational group – BIRLA PUBLIC SCHOOL. Our aim is to provide world-class education focusing on the holistic development of young learners.
The Leading Light of the School
Dr. VS Sunil is currently the Executive Director of World School who is mentored by the visionary of the school Eng.Saeed Salim Ahmed Al Shanfari who is the Vice Chairman for the school. Dr.Sunil is the torchbearer to all the students and staff in not only educating the children but emphasizing on making that process a pleasurable, memorable and enjoyable process.
From the Leader’s Desk
Knowledge, Values, Passion, and Transformation are the core values that have enabled the school to cement themselves as one of the premier International school in the Sultanate. Embracing an international learning community, the students experience a quality education that flourishes in an extraordinary facility and is exclusive throughout the country.
Unleashing World-Class Facility:
· Planning, reflecting kid’s imagination and concern for convenience
· Well-equipped library with textbooks, reference books, and storybooks
· Access to Computer lab and Science lab, so that students are on par with technology
· Extensive arrangements that enable the students to learn different arts, crafts, and music
· Tech-enabled Smart classes, to make teaching enjoyable and refreshing
· Indoor and outdoor space to encourage all games and sports
· Large, spacious classrooms with fewer students become an ideal place for the kids
· Perfect atmosphere – creating a welcoming and pleasant environment for kids
Providing Blooming Opportunities
The expert teachers at World School are an eclectic team of educators who come to the classroom with extensive, real-world and international teaching experience. With even student-teacher balance, intensive training, collaboration and dedication, the teachers prepare the students for life.
In WS, education is a pivotal tool for the transformation of an individual, a family, a community and even for the Nation. Special emphasis is laid to ensure that the learning system is a pleasurable, memorable and enjoyable experience for the little kids. The school is creating an environment.
The management has divided the academic program into three levels that are listed below:
Lower Kindergarten and Upper Kindergarten are the earliest years of formal education for a child. The team in LKG works collaboratively to ensure consistency throughout the grade level. LKG classes have incorporated music and physical education as specialist subjects, along with the activities happening in the classrooms throughout the day. At least once a week Periodically every little tot visits the sand pit area, library, playroom, and the outside play areas.
Students in LKG are introduced to new materials, concepts and situations in a meaningful, play-based way that is interactive and hands on. Being responsible and independent are some habits that are inculcated into the little minds by involving them in interactive activities and lessons – taking care of their lunch boxes or backpacks. The management ensures that the little kids learn meaningful literature by interacting with letters, sounds, and stories through reading, writing, listening, speaking, viewing and presenting. These developmental skills are woven into an integrated and play based approach where children are valued and encouraged to evolve as creative, curious and confident learners.
In the UKG, the kids are introduced to new materials, concepts, and situations in an expressive, play-based way that is interactive and helps them to develop their own identity and social skills. The management embraces various innovative approaches into the learning methodologies that deepens and cements the grasping power of the students. The UKG classes begin at 7:20AM and end at 12:30PM and have a five-day week starting from Sunday to Thursday. The school has a quality pool of specialist teachers along with a well-trained support staff to assist the kids and to transform their early days of school as the best days of their life!
Cambridge International Primary, Lower Secondary and IGCSE, Programme
Primary level – Grade I to Grade VI
The CIPP (Cambridge International Primary Programme) curriculum of World School is based on the ideas, theories, and practices that match any other international curriculum and fully in line with the acclaimed Cambridge curriculum. The Primary programme covers the core subjects of English, Math, and Science, along with developing the essential skills in literacy, numeracy, and scientific inquiry. The management gives special recognition and significance to the study of Arabic language, Islamic Studies, and Social Studies. The ultimate objective of World School is to provide a holistic education and develop the skills necessary to prepare the students for the
challenges for the life coming ahead. The concepts designed by the management are an effective measure to develop knowledge, skills, and understanding in three key areas:
• Academics • Personal Development • International Understanding
Grade 7-8 : Cambridge Lower Secondary The programme provides a natural progression for children from primary education and prepares them for post-14 education programmes that lead to formal qualifications.
A curriculum framework is available for each subject. Each curriculum framework provides a comprehensive set of learning objectives detailing what learners should know and what they should be able to do by the end of each stage.
Grade 9: IGCSE : It is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 15 year olds. Not only is it truly international – it gives students more options than any other international qualification. That means more subjects to choose from, more ways to learn and more ways to succeed.
Cambridge IGCSE offers a flexible curriculum, with a choice of over 70 subjects in any combination.
Accolades- Accreditations and Awards
Providing quality education is a huge responsibility and World School has actually worked diligently and is consistent in creating an ‘all-around’ development for the students. These efforts have been noted at the international platform and the school has received various accolades and awards, some of which are mentioned below:
· Received the accreditation from the CIE for the Cambridge Primary on May 19, 2014
· 20 medals bagged during the National Cyber Olympiad in the first year
· Awarded certificate of USBES (UNITED STATES BOARD FOR EDUCATION STANDARDIZATION) in 2017
· Won as a Partner under school Partnership Collaborative projects, ISA program of British Council collaboration project 2017-18 from Podar International School, India
· Received certificate of Appreciation in March 2018 from British Council for the commitment in providing highest education standards through British Council
· Accredited by The International Accreditation Agency (IAO) and the United States Boards for Education Standardization (USBES) for CSR initiatives.
· Accreditation by Common Sense School for school’s dedication to teaching young people how to be safe and responsible digital citizens.
· National School Award for “Commendable contribution in International Education by NSA 2019-20.
· Best Director Award to Dr.V S Sunil in the category of Education Excellence by Global Guru’s Conclave,New Delhi 2019.
· The prestigious Outstanding School for Holistic Education award by IESA (International Education Summit and Awards) 2020 Bangkok, Thailand.
· “Best International School of the Year” in “International Business and Academic Excellence Awards (IBAE-2019)” in recognition of school’s exceptional caliber and outstanding performance in the field of Education.
More than Just a School
‘Extra-Curricular’ the very word brings to mind the images of star athletes, math club geniuses, gifted musicians and other prodigy like students. But is that all that there is to extra-curricular activities? Of course not, they are a lot more. Below are a few conducted campaigns:
Educational – Honing the leadership skills, WS bestows upon its students the ability to be the future leaders of the World. WS held its Investiture Ceremony in September 2019.
Launching new programs every year: Brain Lab, Abacus, Raz Plus, Mathletics, Science A-Z, Reading programs, Robotics and many more to keep our students updated.
Engage our students in exchange and ISA collaborative programs for exchanging the ideas globally. Debates, Declamation, quizzes, mental math and public speaking is a part of routine curriculum in the school to enhance the cognitive skills, reasoning and critical thinking, and personality development.
Vocational – Art, Craft, Music and sports are considered as the vital part of the curriculum. Various events are organized throughout the year honing these valuable skills.
Social – WS prioritize the social responsibility of the students, therefore organize various campaigns around the year to throw the light on the various pressing issues our world is facing and to find the significant solution and contribution as a responsible global citizen. Field Trips and International Trips to get the hands-on learning experience and to explore the world respectively. The recent was the Tour to London wherein 13 students along with their mentors went to explore the renowned places of educational and historic importance.
Environmental – Go Green Campaign in collaboration with Ministry of Environment and climate Affairs, Dhofar governate and our social partners Rotana club and Kairaba Mirbat Resort, “Say No to Plastics” campaign on Dahariz Beach and in collaboration with Ministry of Environment and “Save Water and keeping the environment `clean” Campaign done by the pre-primary and primary students in Gardens Mall, Salalah, educating the importance of water and pollution-free environment in our lives.